Health & Beauty Glossary Terms and meanings beginning with D, from Depilate to Dermabrasion and Dermis to Dong Quai
Beauty Glossary from Dermabrasion to Dong Quai
Depilate … To depilate is to remove hair from the skins surface.
Dermabrasion … Dermabrasion is a procedure in which the skin is sanded to improve its texture.
- Microdermabrasion uses a type of sand to abrade the skin, usually done by an esthetician or a cosmetic doctor.
- Cosmetic physicians can perform a deeper type of dermabrasion using small burrs or wires to remove the outer layers of the skin.
Dermal … Related to skin.
Dermatitis … Inflamation of the skin.
Dermis … The underlayers of the skin.
Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) … A self-tanning agent used in cosmetics.
Dong Quai … Traditional Chinese herb used to treat menopausal symptoms and menstrual irregularity.
- As an excellent tonic and adaptogenic herb for the female reproductive system, Dong Quai gets to work quickly to support hormonal balance.
- Some women feel the effects within a few days, while for others it may take a little longer with continuing improvement with every passing month.
- Research has shown that Dong Quai is extremely effective in providing long- term support when taken regularly for 8 and 12 weeks.