Health and Beauty terms and meanings beginning with X, from Xanthan Gum to Xerosis …
Beauty Terms from Xanthan Gum to Xerosis
Xanthan Gum … A highly molecular polysaccharide gum used as a thickener.
- A polysaccharide gum often used in foods as a thickener, it is synthesized (fermented) from glucose.
- Xanthan Gum is also used by people who are allergic to gluten. It adds volume and viscosity to bread and other gluten-free baked goods.
- Xerosis is caused by a lack of moisture and is common during the winter months when heating systems dry the air.
- Other causes include bathing in very hot water and spending extended periods of time in the sun
- The skins natural aging process can also remove moisture and oils from your skin, drying it and leading to Xerosis.